Turun suomenkielinen työväenopisto (Turku Adult Education Centre) is an adult education center owned by the City of Turku.
• Established in 1908.
• Teaching takes place in the main building Kaskenkatu 5 and in different schools and other premises in Turku region.
• In 2012, there were 17.500 students and 23.000 lessons
The Main Aims
• To offer recreational studies for adults in different age groups
• To support students’ needs in the life-long learning process
We offer courses and lectures in:
• a wide range of arts (drawing, painting, sculpture etc.)
• handicrafts (clothes, woodworks etc.)
• information technology
• gymnastics and dancing
• multicultural studies